A stately home on the edge of Sherbrooke
Sherbrooke Manor offers you the opportunity to stay at this elegant property, perfect for a special getaway for lovers, families and friends or a corporate getaway, meditation retreat, a real holiday, small wedding or a special celebration. Wonderful for brides to get ready for their special wedding day. So much is possible at this wonderful property which is nestled in two and a half acres of long established gardens.
Staying at Sherbrooke Manor is all about sharing a time of elegance and romance in a wonderful mountain setting where you can ramble through the Sherbrooke Forest, or visit the famous Alfred Nicholas Gardens and boathouse right next door.
Built in the 1930s, Sherbrooke Manor is from the era of the famous Burnham Beeches, then owned by the Nicholas (Aspro) family who created their estate and what is now known as the Alfred Nicholas Gardens on the edge of Sherbrooke Forest. Burnham Beeches is currently being restored by Melbourne's famous chef, Shannon Bennett and a consortium of partners - so destined to become, once again, the centre for food lovers from all over the world.
- 4 bedrooms - as follows:
- Upstairs there is one bedroom with a double bed with an adjoining peaceful sitting room.
- The main bedroom has a queen bed, an ensuite bathroom and huge window overlooking the pool.
- There are two bedrooms in one wing of the house - one with a single bed, one a double bed.
- 3 bathrooms
- Spacious kitchen fully equipped for your masterchef evenings leading to a large dining table
- A casual sitting room overlooking the gardens
- A formal lounge room with a fabulous stained glass window and big picture windows to the garden
- A formal dining room which opens into the garden
- Downstairs is a wonderful gym set up for your wellbeing
- A full size swimming pool is in the fenced garden at the rear of the house
- There is a potager garden where you can pick some herbs for your meals
- Sun-filled outdoor sitting areas
- Loads of books and magazines
- TV/DVD and selection of DVDs
- CD player & radio
- Quality bed linen and towels
- A generous supply of luscious breakfast ingredients
- Beautiful toiletries
- Hydronic heating throughout the house
- Wireless Internet Access - try not to need it!
Long stays are also welcome.
We can assist you to arrange guided walks, or runs through the local area, Yarra Valley Winery Tours, dinner bookings - just ask when booking.